Ruby encourages me to write idiomatic and elegant code with tests – which works wonders in terms of maintainability and extensibility. And it has inspired powerful languages such as CoffeeScript, Elixir or Crystal which come in handy whenever Ruby might not be the best tool.
Depending on the scope of a project, his toolbox includes most notably:
- Ruby on Rails, Padrino, Sinatra, Middleman
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, RethinkDB, Redis
- Vue.js, jQuery
- Gentoo Linux
Sven is available as a developer and/or consultant for (in large part) remote freelance assignments. If need be, he provides support for the setup, hardening and automation of Linux based systems as well. Please contact him if you are interested in a detailed profile and references.
To a great extent, he is currently working on the following projects:
- wemakeit – lead developer (freelance)
- open flightmaps – automatic import of LF eAIP as OFMX (freelance)
- contributions to various open-source projects on GitHub
Sven is fluent in German, English, French and Spanish. For a healthy work-life balance, he loves to go hiking with his girlfriend and dog as well as to roam the skies as a glider pilot.